Purpose and objective
Develop a service (NEXTA), to help and support the transport planners, to give an early notice when a lorry will be available for the next assignment or when the next critical point in the transport flow will be reached.
These goals will be achieved by:
- Develop algorithms, framework and calculation model which will serve as the basis of the NEXTA solution.
- Test and seek a NEXTA-solution with regards to the functionality and end users experience.
- Create the conditions necessary in order to realise the NEXTA-service upon the projects closure.
Expected effects and results
Improved transport planing by a better process of work,thereby creating new business opportunities.
- Opportunity to reduce transport costs and significant effects on the environment related to the planning process.
- Expanding opportunity to improve the drivers working environment by reducing stress.
- Big opportunities to improve the customer relationships by minimising the negative effects related to late deliveries.
- Help transport companies to adapt themselves to the driving and rest periods rules and therefore increase the safety in traffic.
Planerat approach och implementation
NEXTA-project will be gradually carried out in five phases according to ‘top-down’ implementation model:
- Develop a conceptual design for the service in collaboration with all participants.
- Using the basis of the adopted concept identify all necessary challenges that need to be solved in order to be able to test the service.
- The solutions for the identified challenges must be developed parallelly but also iteratively.
- Configure,calibrate and test the NEXTA-service.
- Evaluate NEXTA-service by interviewing possible users and draft proposals for deployment into an operable business.